(photo by Herm P.)
Charleston Pierce is a born and raised native of San Francisco, California. He began his career in the entertainment industry in the early 1980’s as a student at the San Francisco School of the Arts. With a background in performing arts including theater and ballet, Charleston was primed and ready when discovered by Larry Hashbarger and signed with Jimmy Grimme’s Modeling Agency. Charleston has maintained a consistent and unmatched presence in the San Francisco entertainment industry over the past 25+ years. Throughout his career as a model/actor he has appeared in national billboards, movies, print ads, fashion shows and over 30 commercials, including his role as Pepsi Man, across the United States. In 2013, Charleston starred in Cadillac’s nationally broadcast LaFontaine commercial. In 2014, Charleston has already secured work in a commercial for Boston Private and Trust as well as a principal role in the film ‘America Is Still the Place.’
Charleston broke through into the fashion producer/choreographer role during his time with Macy’s Passport. In 2005, after 16 seasons of modeling in the famous show, he was appointed model coach and runway trainer. He also was honored with training the member/models of the Junior League of San Francisco for their annual fashion show fundraiser from 2007-2011. Charleston currently teaches his patented ‘Talent Workshop” in San Francisco weekly for models, actors and talent spanning the entertainment industry, along with producing and hosting countless events and fashions shows around the Bay Area. With Charleston’s recently published book, “Star Walk: Embrace Your Inner Power and Find Success on the Runway of Life” he continues to reach out to a larger audience to spread his knowledge and expertise. Charleston’s goal is to inspire people of all ages with wisdom, talent and compassion.
- 2007 – 2009 A Macy’s Runway Coach and model trainer for the Macy’s Passport Show.
- 2007 – 2010 A Runway Coach and model trainer for the San Francisco Junior League Organization.
- Launched Charleston Pierce Production, producing, fashion, music, dance and entertainment events that promote charities, non profits, designers, talent and musicians.
- Nominated as “Man of the Year” by San Francisco’s Lymphoma & Cancer Society. Charleston produced a series of fashion shows that helped raise funds to help fight cancer.
- Awarded Best Fashion Show Producer & Creative Director by, Bay Area Fashion Awards.
- Awarded the “Making it Happen” Award by FYMO.
- Co-host Bay Area Vista TV Show, in San Francisco, Bay Area
- Awarded Creative Director of the Year, by San Francisco Fashion Awards.
- Appointed by San Francisco City College to teach a class called, The Business of Modeling.
- Awarded the 2012 Touch of Class Award for his service and inspiration to the community.
- Co-Produced “Hat Walk Fashion Show” for the Asian American Cancer Support Network.
- Published his first book, “Star Walk: Embrace Your Inner Power and Find Success on the Runway of Life,” a self confidence book.
- Sleep Train and Cadillac Commercials
- Choreographer, Model Coach and Producer for Fashion Shows throughout Northern California
- Continued to teach and inspire Actors, Models, Athletes, Children and Business Professionals with his Runway Inspirational Workshop